Linux Ink employees have taken part in the creation of many complex systems based on Open Source technology, among which: IT complex for the Committee for Financial Monitoring of St.Peterburg Government, PLC Power Machines Group (“Leningradsky Metallichesky Zavod (LMZ)” - Leningrad Metallic Plant), PLC “Lenenergo”, Russian concern “Unified Energy System” (RAO UES), several large banks (including Saving Bank of Russian Federation (NW branch))
The company operates a technical service center for Linux based systems.
The company has tight contacts with Fermilab within the project Scientific Linux. The company makes now the assembly of program packages destined for creation GRID systems in the frames of this distributive.
Starting in 1999 the company has produced Linux Cyrillic Edition, which is the successor to the “Open Kernel” distribution from UrbanSoft. This product is completely Russified and designed for the Russian and CIS market.
Linux Ink Ltd is the partner of the largest players in the market of open source technologies, such as Red Hat, IBM, Sun Microsystems, and others.
Linux Ink Ltd has an experience of collaboration with Governmental agencies and ministries (such as Ministry for Economic Development and Trade, Ministry for Information Technologies and Communications) engaged in the introduction of the Open Source technologies into practice of state offices taking part in the development of concepts of migration to open source.
The company provides intellectual and material help, on a non-commercial basis, to a range of educational and scientific institutions in St.Petersburg (including St.Petersburg State University, Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University "LETI" (ETU), Library of Russian Academy of Sciences, St.Petersburg Institute for Nuclear Physics jont works are being held. The workers of the Company are engaged in teaching in St.Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg Technical University for Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics.
The company is in a closest collaborates with the UNIX Education Center (UEC) in St.Petersburg. Using multifunctional Center for Data Processing (with x86, AMD/EMT64, Itanium, SPARC and other architectures) of UEC, the specialists of Linux Ink Ltd can model and test the developed software of the ultimate complexity, providing the highest quality and shortest time of development.
Directions of the Company's Activities
- Consulting in the area of Open Source technology, including Linux systems as part of large-scale data centers.
- A wide range of services for the installation, configuration and support of Linux systems, customized for each client.
- Migration of IT infrastructure to the Linux platform.
- Development and installation of standard model desktop systems (office applications, browser, e-mail, etc).
- Development of portal solutions.
- Development and installation of applied software systems, including specialized systems for office automation, library systems and scientific-educational applications.
- Creation of targeted distributions and installation procedures for various specialized applications and audiences.
- Training for Open Source products and technologies.
The company has a staff of highly qualified specialists, having extensive experience in the introduction and integration of Linux in large-scale systems:
- Use of Linux in Data Centers, including clusters and GRID-enabled infrastructures.
- Creation of “thin client” systems, allowing the use of diskless terminals in centralized computer complexes.
- Distributed retail sales automation (including cash register running Linux).
- Library automation systems, including cataloging, inventory, reader service and publication.
- Automation of systems for scientific research (creation of device drivers and specialized software for conducting experiments and data analysis, installation of high performance computing clusters).
Last modified 2010-04-20 16:55